For me, I have a hard time distinguishing between the folders, sub-folders, and files in the file explorer of VSCode because the indent is not very pronounced.
In order to increase the indent go to File -Preferences -Settings. Search for “indent” and then click on Workbench in the left-hand side navigation pane of the settings window and scroll down to Workbench Tree: Indent and then enter the number of pixels for the tree indentation. I doubled it, going → Continue reading “VSCode Change Indent for File Explorer Tree”
As I’m still learning vscode, I’m keeping track of a cheat sheet for shortcuts and other functionality for the IDE.
The following is under Linux, specifically Debian 10 with XFCE.
- Edit a string in the entire file that matches exactly the string that you have highlighted. For example: you might have a comment, or a variable name, in a file that you want to find and change globally. Highlight the string and then type CTRL+Shift+L then type the
→ Continue reading “Visual Studio Code Cheat Sheet under Linux”
In general, I cannot stand using a mouse. It hurts my hand and takes up a ton of time having to move my hand from the keyboard, to the mouse, move the mouse, click, and then move back to the keyboard.
I am a relatively new VSCode user and was pleased that it has a really good vim emulator. I almost always write code in a split screen so that I can either see two different files at the same → Continue reading “VSCode Keyboard Shortcut to Navigate Between Split Panes”
This is a common error encountered where you are renaming your default branch for the repository. If you have a repo hosted on GitHub or some other third-party service, there is likely some way in the GUI to change the default branch for a repo.
If you are hosting your own internal git repository you will need to SSH to that server and “checkout” a different branch from the one that you are trying to delete. In reality, the remote → Continue reading “[SOLVED] Deleting remote git branch; By default, deleting the current branch is denied, because the next remote: ‘git clone’ won’t result in any file checked out, causing confusion”
The title of this post is a bit of mouthful and requires a bit more explanation.
I am running a pure open-source version of Kafka (currently running 2.7) and am using SASL/GSSAPI connections between all of the brokers and ZooKeeper. Currently, the whole system, including ZooKeeper, is running Java 8 and it is long-overdue to be upgraded to Java 11.
Upgrading Kafka to Java 11 causes the server to send an incorrect
authenticationID String to ZooKeeper which results in the → Continue reading “[SOLVED] Upgrading Apache Kafka 2.7 to Java 11 Changes authenticationID sent to ZooKeeper Enabling Only 1 Kafka Broker to r/w znodes”
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 2 hours; Total: 2 hours 20 minutes; 8 Servings
- 3 15oz. cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 4 oz. can green chilis
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1.5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place everything in a slow cooker, mix well, and cover.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring
→ Continue reading “Crock Pot Black Bean Soup”
Curried tofu made with coconut milk.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu cubes, season with seasoned salt and
→ Continue reading “Thai Curry Tofu”
The following is a list of the basic VirtualBox settings to start with when using a VM with a GUI. Make sure to install the Guest Additions on the VM as well.
- 4+GB of RAM, or whatever you have available
- 2+ CPU (if you have the available cores/threads)
- As much Video Memory as you can spare
- Graphics Controller: VMSVGA
- Ensure that 3D Acceleration is enabled
→ Continue reading “Baseline Settings for a VirtualBox Instance for a GUI under Debian 10”