Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 2 hours; Total: 2 hours 20 minutes; 8 Servings
- 3 15oz. cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 4 oz. can green chilis
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1.5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place everything in a slow cooker, mix well, and cover.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring
→ Continue reading “Crock Pot Black Bean Soup”
Curried tofu made with coconut milk.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu cubes, season with seasoned salt and
→ Continue reading “Thai Curry Tofu”
This is for a 12×9 inch sheet pan cookie cake.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
If you have a stand mixer this is much easier, but if all you have is a hand mixer that will work too.
- Preheat oven to 350
→ Continue reading “12×9 Sheet Pan Cookie Cake”
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp corn starch mixed with 1tbsp water
- 1 tsp finely chopped tops of green onions
- Pinch of white pepper
- Dash of sesame oil
In a small bowl, beat egg slightly; set aside. Bring chicken broth to a boil over high heat. Add corn starch mixture to the broth stirring until it comes to a boil again. Reduce heat to medium-low. Hold the pan with beaten egg about 12 to 15″ above the → Continue reading “Egg Drop Soup”
This recipe is courtesy of my Mom. 🙂
There are three different sets of ingredient lists. The first is for a single crust pie (pumpkin pies, etc), the second is for a double crust pie for a 9 inch pan and the third is for a double crust pie for a 10 inch pan.
If you are going to make two, two crust pies, don’t double the recipe, make it twice.
Single Crust 9 inch:
- 1 1/4 cup pre-sifted all-purpose
→ Continue reading “Homemade Pie Crust”
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter or shortening
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- about 3/4 cup milk
Sift your flour once, then measure the sifted flour.
Add the baking powder and salt, and sift sift together the dry ingredients.
Using a pastry cutter cut in your butter, margerine or shortening.
Lightly beat the egg and then add enough milk to to get about 3/4 cup of liquid.
Pour the liquid into the butter → Continue reading “Baking Powder Biscuits”
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
Lightly beat the eggs.
Add all ingredients together and mix thoroughly.
Place in muffin pan or stand-alone foil cup cake wrappers.
Bake for 350 F for about 12 – 15 minutes.→ Continue reading “Almond Flour Muffins”
This recipe uses honey as the sweetener. You can substitute with sugar.
- 3 cups oatmeal (not the quick oats)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates?
Melt the butter in a sauce pan on the stove over very low heat.
Mix all of the dry ingredients together. Then mix in the raisins and the chopped dates.
Mix the honey into the melted → Continue reading “Oatmeal Raisin and Date Cookies”
Posted to the http://paleofood.com ListServe by Ashley (http://ASHLEYMORAN.ME.UK)
Big bag of cranberries, jar of sugar-free apricot jam (the stuff sweetened with apple juice) and a healthy dollop of honey.
Pour some apple juice into the base of a pan, add all ingredients,
heat until cranberries have started to break up then simmer on low
heat until thickened.→ Continue reading “Paleolithic Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce Recipe”