This is for a 12×9 inch sheet pan cookie cake.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
If you have a stand mixer this is much easier, but if all you have is a hand mixer that will work too.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line the sheet pan with parchment paper
- Cream the butter
- Mix the sugar into the creamed butter
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt
- Add the flour slowly, mixing it into the butter/sugar mix
- Mix n the chocolate chips
- Press the dough into the pan, but don’t pack it too tightly. Ensure that you make it an even layer.
- Bake it on the center rack for about 15 minutes. Rotate it about one half way through so that it will cook evenly.
- Turn on the broiler and watch it very carefully. You’ll want to take it out as soon as you start to see it browning on the surface. Leave it too long and you can easily burn it. Most likely, less than 1 minute.
- Let cool to room temp and then decorate.