Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 2 hours; Total: 2 hours 20 minutes; 8 Servings
- 3 15oz. cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 4 oz. can green chilis
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1.5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place everything in a slow cooker, mix well, and cover.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring halfway through.
- Uncover the slow cooker and mix well.
- Then, remove 3 cups of the black bean soup and place it into a high speed blender. Blend until the soup is completely smooth.
- Pour the black bean puree back into the slow cooker and mix well. There should be some back bean chunks left in the soup.
- Top with roasted or sauteed vegetables and enjoy!