There are times when a web master will want to have the default file extension for a given website stay consistent regardless of how the files are preprocessed on the server-side or what server-side scripting language is being used.
To set up your GoDaddy.com 4GH, Linux hosted account to parse PHP code in .html files, do the following:
- Log in to your account.
- Go to the control panel for the web site in question.
- In the control panel click on the ‘Settings’ sub-section.
- Click on the ‘File Extensions Management’ icon/link.
- Click on the ‘Custom Extensions’ link in the left-hand column.
- Click on ‘New Extension’ in the upper right of the page.
- Enter ‘.html’ for the extension, and select ‘PHP 5.x.x’ from the drop-down.
- Click ‘OK’
Once you click the ‘OK’ button you can now add PHP code to your .html files.