Well, since Edwards has dropped out of the race and now it’s between Obama and Clinton, I’m changing my tune.
Obama is our best bet for a win, as a result I’m supporting him as the nominee.
Why? Hillary can’t win a general election and here are what I think are the reasons why:
- There are many people who will cast a vote against her vs. for McCain
- If she is the nominee it will galvanize the Republicans behind McCain and will bring them together. Our best bet is to keep them fractured and complaining about McCain not being a real conservative. Hillary on the ticket will cause the folks who would otherwise stay home to run, not walk, to the polls to vote for McCain
- She won’t get a single Republican vote and will get very few Independents
- She doesn’t energize the youth vote like Obama. Obama will turn out the 18-25 like never before
- She can’t say that she was against the war to begin with
So, unless you want to help put McCain in the White House and have four more years of a pseudo Bush administration, I would strongly suggest voting for Obama in the primaries.
I would much rather have a Democrat in the oval office when the next Supreme Court Justice retires.