It’s cooked all day in the slow cooker and is great for a cold day. Top with bacon, cheese, and green onions for the ultimate potato soup. Prep Time: 10 mins, cook time: 5 hours
- 1(80 oz.) bag frozen hash-brown potatoes (I used cubed)
- 2 (14 0z.) cans chicken broth (see Note)
- 1(10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (more to taste)
- 1 (80z) package cream cheese (softened)
- Optional Toppings: cheese, bacon, sliced green onions
- In a slow cooker, combine potatoes, chicken broth, soup, onion, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. If your potatoes are still in big chunks you need to cook it
longer. They will start falling apart when it’s ready.
- Add the cream cheese and cook 30 minutes or until cream cheese is melted, stirring
occasionally, until combined.
- Top with cheese, bacon, or sliced green onions if desired.