This is not as much a recipe for a mean in and of itself, but a recipe for how to prepare tofu cubes for a number of different dishes.
- N number of packages of extra firm tofu
- Seasonings of your choice
- A couple of teaspoons of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 375 F.
- Drain and remove the tofu from its packaging and wrap in a clean kitchen towel. Place under a cutting board to remove as much moisture as possible. Let sit for about 10 minutes. Change towels, if so desired. The dryer the tofu is to start the less time it will take to cook.
- Put a thin coat of vegetable oil on a baking sheet or broiler pan.
- Cut the tofu into about 3/4 inch cubes.
- Put the tofu on the baking pan and season.
- Cook for about 20 – 25 minutes stirring about every 10 minutes until tofu is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and scrape off pan into a dish.