- 16 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can navy or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 11-ounce can condensed cheddar cheese or nacho cheese soup, or 10 ounces of cheddar cheese
- 1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 14 cups shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- Sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)
- Chopped green pepper (optional)
Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil. Bake in a 350° oven for 10 minutes or till warm.
For filling, combine beans and cheese soup. Spoon about 1/4 cup filling onto one end of each tortilla. Starting at the end with the filling, roll up each tortilla. Arrange tortillas, seam side down, in 8 individual dishes or two 2-quart rectangular baking dishes.
In a bowl stir together the enchilada sauce and tomato sauce: pour over tortillas. Cover with foil. Bake in a 350° oven for 20 minutes. For individual dishes or 30 minutes for baking dishes or till heated through. Remove foil; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or till cheese melts. If desired, sprinkle with olives and green pepper.
Makes 8 servings.